Re: [CH] That sounds right...

Charles P Demas (cpd@world.std.com)
Mon, 15 May 2000 20:12:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Tara Deen wrote:

> So don't leave me in suspense...'burnt cat hair effect' has something to
> do with the fact that past a certain Scoville level, everything tastes
> like burnt cat hair...?

Not all, but certainly some do.  Dave's Insanity has some of that
burnt cat taste, with a bit of tomato added in.

Inferno doesn't, as I recall, but it does have a clove taste to it.

Backdraft doesn't have that burnt cat taste either, as I recall.

Of course, other people may be more tuned into detecting that burnt
cat taste than I am.

I've only tasted a few of the very hot extract based sauces, mostly
because I don't have much use for them on food, and so I don't bother
buying them.

The Inferno stuff snuck up on me at a hot sauce tasting/judging a couple
years ago.  It didn't seem too hot when I tried it on the first taco chip,
so I tried a much larger sample.  I'm told I turned a nice shade of pink.

The moral here is to wait a few minutes before thinking that all is well.

Those that have tried "THE BREAD" know the wisdom of this.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas