RE: [CH] Bi ennials

Dale Freeman (dale.freeman@sorell.tas.gov.au)
Thu, 25 May 2000 08:11:38 +1000

Andrew

Mine seem bloody near immortal.  I forgot one of my plants last winter and
despite a total lack of water, being in an 8" pot in perlite, -5deg C temps
overnight and frosts that lasted 12 or more hours a day, it still sprouted
leaves in spring.

Mind you, it's probably like the tropics for a plant from the Andes!!.

Cheers

Dale at 42 deg south

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Healy [mailto:a.healy@surrey.ac.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, 23 May 2000 17:39
To: Chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: [CH] Bi ennials

Just a note to let you know that my rocoto seedlings may have been killed
by that late snow, but the withered stalks left behind are now sprouting
leaves- are these seeds immortal ?

"I can resist anything, but, temptation" <Oscar Wilde>

That which doesn't kill us, makes us strong !  <Nietzsche>

					Andrew Healy