Re: [CH] Mid-West Recommendations?

Mike Pierce (mpierce@martel-intl.com)
Fri, 02 Jun 2000 10:24:21 -0500

At 06:52 AM 6/1/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear CH'ers,
>
>I'm heading to Omaha and K.C. (and points in-between) in a few weeks.
>
>Are there any "Don't miss this one!" restaurants or "hot shops" that
>you'd like to tell me about??
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Myron

Myron,
If you come to KC you must have the BBQ. Gates (several locations) is good
as is Rosedale BBQ, Marty's, Smoke Stack. Just about any of them have good
Q. Just remember, you can tell its a good BBQ place if none of the chairs
match.

There are lots of Mexican places on Southwest Blvd, including Margarita's,
Ponak's, Tequila Harry's, and California Taqeria.

Great steak houses include Golden Ox, Hereford House, and Plaza III if ya
wanna spend some bucks. I like Jess & Jim's in Martin City. Not fancy
(picnic tables with bottles of salad dresssing on them) but great steaks.
Old house looking place that shakes when the trains pass by.

Let me know when you'll be in KC.

Mike

Michael Pierce
Telecommunications Manager - MarTel International, Inc.
11038 N. Harrison
Kansas City, MO 64155
Phone: 816.734.0040
Fax: 816.734.2066