Re: [CH] Chiles in booze

Charles P Demas (cpd@world.std.com)
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 00:36:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000 Shantihhh@aol.com wrote:

> << I will swear to using dry sherry,  >>
>
> Mark,
>
> This is great and so is Thai Whiskey.  Toss a handful of those Thai chiles in
> a bottle and wow.  I also pop habs chopped into honey for drizzly on veggies!
>  Chiles of all varieties make Vodka exceptional for cooking and sipping
> especially if kept in the freezer.

Putting habs or scotch bonnets into vodka makes it too raw, IMO, but if
you throw in some lemon, or other citrus it mellows it out.  We're talking
about letting it sit for at least a month, and we're talking about the
whole fruit, not just the juice.

Much better for sipping that way.  I've tried some each way at Jim
McGrath's hotlucks (this weekend, BTW), and mellow is much better.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas