Re: [CH] watering question

Mike Pierce (mpierce@martel-intl.com)
Thu, 08 Jun 2000 11:04:19 -0500

At 10:10 AM 6/8/00 -0500, you wrote:
>A friend of mine has a few plants next to her neighbor's garden. She was
>using a sprinkler to water and her neighbor asked her to please turn it
>off, because spraying could damage their plants and that the leaves get
>all the moisture they need from the rain. They only water with pipes
>from the ground level.
>
>I had never heard of such a thing. I have been spraying with a hose to
>water since I planted out. Am I doing something wrong? My plants look
healthy.

>Michelle in KC

I have always been told (mostly by my Father, so how could I argue) that
watering with a sprinkler in the heat of the day would burn plants, grass,
etc.  Which is why I water in the evening. For the maters and chiles, I
bought a soaker hose at ?-Mart for about $15.

Michael Pierce
Telecommunications Manager - MarTel International, Inc.
11038 N. Harrison
Kansas City, MO 64155
Phone: 816.734.0040
Fax: 816.734.2066