Re: [CH] Pepper info

Mike Pierce (mpierce@martel-intl.com)
Thu, 08 Jun 2000 21:49:16 -0500

At 07:54 PM 6/8/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Greetings, C-Hs.  Info, please.  A friend gave me a 'leftover' pepper plant
>named Medusa.  It has several peppers, some ripening from pale yellow to
>orange-red, and buds.  A taste indicated no appreciable heat (or taste).  Is
>this a result of the bland environment it's been in, or is that the nature
>of the pretty little beast?

Sounds like a Purrira that I grew last year. Chiles didn't taste like
anything until they turned orange then red. Then wow. Heat more heat, lot o
heat. Byron said they were hotter than his habs last year and he wasn't fer
off. Pretty peppers.

Michael Pierce
Telecommunications Manager - MarTel International, Inc.
11038 N. Harrison
Kansas City, MO 64155
Phone: 816.734.0040
Fax: 816.734.2066