R: [CH] Chilli jelly,marmalade,relish

Michele Mastandrea (diavolillo@katamail.com)
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:01:43 +0200

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: margaret tsiptsis <mtsiptsis@hfx.andara.com>
A: chile-heads@globalgarden.com <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Data: sabato 17 giugno 2000 1.09
Oggetto: [CH] Chilli jelly,marmalade,relish

>Hi,
> I am from Halifax,Nova Scotia,Canada.Not the best climate for growing
>chillies but that doesn't stop me from trying.I love the Chilli-Digest
>and read everyone.I am wondering if anyone out there might have a good
>recipe for hot pepper jelly,marmalade,relish.I bought some at a farmers
>market and it was delicious.Thank you. regards Marg

This recipe comes from Diamante, Calabria, on the Tyrrenic sea, south-west
part of Italy, in a belt called " Riviera dei Cedri" , where "cedro" is
Citrus Medica; here the climate is particularly mild and the chile pepper
cultivation ancient (early XVII century).

For preparing your chile pepper jelly,  you need 1KG. of fresh pods of
chiles, deprived of seed and mesocarp and cut off in small pieces; 650 GR.
of sugar and 2 tablespoons of honey.
Leave your pieces of chiles soaking in a mix of sugar and honey about four
hours, then bring them in a stewpan and cook softly and slowly, stirring
continuously, three hours.
And this is all!