RE: [CH] DeCon for Squirrels

Adamson, Boyd (boyd.adamson@sbs.siemens.co.uk)
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:50:32 +0100

In my experience high speed lead poisoning usually does it for squirrels...

hope you have some success

Regards

Boydie

-----Original Message-----
From: Suz [mailto:socalsuz@earthlink.net]
Sent: 28 June 2000 06:21 AM
To: 'CH List'
Subject: [CH] DeCon for Squirrels

The squirrels are giving me a terrible time in one of my pepper patches.  We
made "cages", turned them upside down over the peppers, and the squirrels
dug under.  Then hubby fixed up an electric "fence" type of thing, squirrels
dug under that too.

I have the upside down cages, the electric fence and ceramic tiles placed
around the pepper patch.  The peppers are finally growing new leaves after
being eaten to mere pepper sticks.  If I get any peppers from this patch,
each one will be worth about $40.  The squirrels have left this patch alone
for a week now, but it's also been under my constant supervision.

I'm on my way to the river for a week so there will be no supervision.  I
have some packages of DeCon, for mice.  What would be the consequence of
putting that DeCon out for the squirrels to eat?  I assume the squirrels
would go into their hole to die, thereby not posing a problem with the
coyotes or birds spreading the DeCon.  I honestly hate to do this, but I
also want to save my pepper patch.  Is there an environmental hazard?

These are not good squirrels for eating, they're ugly, grey, desert
squirrels.  I see new babies running around the yard each day.  They eat
everything, except marigolds and mint.

I'm at my wit's end.  I HATE SQUIRRELS!!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~socalsuz