Re: [CH] Beef ribs: recipes?

Dave Drum (xrated@famvid.com)
Tue, 04 Jul 2000 08:26:51 -0500

Lukasz Electronics wrote:

> Dave Drum wrote:
> We have an Outback Steak House (faux Ozzie) staffed by Latinos,
> Africans(Nigeria), African-Americans and Orientals - oh, and three
> Caucasians. It's a global marketplace and the marketroids are running
> wild!!!!
> The secret is in the sauce/rub... anyone can figure out how to
> cook/smoke the meat. In the United States there is much arguing between
> the Southeast Coast (Carolina) Style adherents and their vinegar/mustard
> based sauces and the Memphis/Kansas City/Texas style sweet/hot tomato
> based sauces.
> #######################################################
> Snip
> Suh, does this mean Yo is a southern Gentleman..?? <g>..

Nope.... just a gentle man and pretty good chilli cook.  <GGG>

> FWIW here in Oz, we don't actually haave any Outback Steakhouses that I
> know of ???
> >From memory most of the dishes I saw on their menu in the USA when I
> looked at it were just Ozzie in name only..

Some marketroids dream of cashing in on the Paul Hogan\Crocodile Dundee
craze is what it's all about. Marketroids have many Murricans convinced
that Outback Steak House and Ned Kelley's and Foster's are truly what
Australia is about. Jeez, they coulda picked a better beer - like
Cooper's or Vic Bitter.  <GGG>

Neither of the steakhouse franchise chains offer any Ozzie grub. No
damper, no pie floaters, no 'roo. Just middle American staples w/cutsie
Ozzie flavoured names.

ENJOY!!!
--------
UNCLE DIRTY DAVE'S KITCHEN --
Home of Yaaaaa Hooooo Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE and Hardin Cider