[CH] Peach/Hab recipe

David Cook (zeb@austin.rr.com)
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 09:34:06 -0500

Well, it's the next day, the guests are gone, and I'm more capable, so
here's the recipe. I based it off a straight peach conserve recipe in Mark
Miller's "Coyote's Pantry".

Peach-Habanero Conserve
(makes about 1 1/2 pts.)

1 T. butter
1 onion, diced
3 habaneros, diced
4 large, ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and chopped
1/2 c. bourbon
1/2 to 1 c. water
1/2 brown sugar
Juice of 2 oranges
Juice of 2 lemons
1 T. molasses
1 stick cinnamon
1/4 t. salt

Melt the butter in a pan and gently cook the onions and habaneros until the
onions are golden, without letting them burn. Add everything else and simmer
until it thickens nicely. (Know that as it cools it will set further, so
stop just before it gets to your "perfect" state.) At this point you can
pour it off into a jar and keep in the fridge or, like I did, pack into 1/2
pint jars and process in a boiling water bath for 15-20 minutes.

David Cook

Subject: Re: [CH] Big Day!