Re: [CH] Squirrels and lead

JeffJCOA@aol.com
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 21:37:11 EDT

Thu, 06 Jul 2000 21:42:39 -0500, tucker <tucker@ticon.net> wrote:

>  Cheaper Than Dirt (  www.cheaperthandirt.com  ) sells "Remington .22
Subsonic"
>ammo. It claims to be far quieter than a standard cartridge for all you
>city-bound types. Says it's "slightly louder than a pellet gun, slower than
the
>speed of sound, but still fast enough to function in auto rifles". $16.97
for a
>brick of 500. Better get 'em now before uncle Billy / Al decide it must be
some
>sort of stealth / assault technology.

Erich -

I've got some of the Remington subsonic & also the Aguila SSS (60 grain heavy
bullet subsonic).  Not really sure that either is all that much quieter than
a standard .22LR round in an unsuppressed weapon.  Now in my scoped, AWC
suppressed Ruger MkII pistol, however...<smile>.  The Remington subsonic is
nicely quieter than the standard stuff.  It sounds barely louder than an air
gun.  Not objectionable to the neighbors at all.

Enjoy!
Jeff Johnson