RE: [CH] BEST Way I've found to peel chiles

Golda Bob (goldabob@yahoo.com)
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 08:14:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Chile-Heads!
To do chiles...I put them on my grill on low.  Close
the lid and check them every few minutes.  Turn with
tongs and keep rotating them.  DON'T let them get TOO
burned.  You just want that skin to get poppy feeling.
 (yes, that's an official cooking term, blessed by
Julia herself, I'm shoooah!)  Then, Put them in a
paper bag and roll down the top, leaving quite a bit
of air space.  If you're doing a whole gunny sack,
this takes awhile, but if you're doing a few, not so
bad.  Let them cool until they're comfortable to
touch.  Not THEM....YOU.  The peels will come off
easily like cellophane almost.  You'll miss a pice
here and there...don't worry, you'll find it later.
Put them in bags and freeze...I haven't tried canning
them, but imagine you would do them just like greenie
beans...after they're roasted and process them 20
minutes or so under pressure.  Nice to meetch'all
Goldie