Re: [CH] Introduction

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 05:35:01 -0400

Brent;
I think what is being alluded to here is botulism caused by the method of
perserving your peri peri sauce as it is low in acid.  Items perserved in
olive oil alone are trouble looking for a place to happen.  Even looking for
a stuffed hot pepper recipe many have mentioned to looking out for botulism,
I plan on eating mine right away!
Try this page and you can follow the links to other pages to learn about
potential problems in perserving chiles.

http://www.chetbacon.com/caution-with-peppers.htm

I built this page up last year when we had a simular discussion on the list.

(hoping to head off a simular flow of weeks of discussions this year) - Chet

Brent Hudson wrote:

> youve lost me here... please clarify?

* Chet Bacon   KA1ILH     |           Okay, who put a             *
* PO Box 284              |         "stop payment" on my          *
* Southington, CT 06489   |             reality check?            *
* E-Mail:                 | Homepage:                             *
* chet@chetbacon.com      | http://www.chetbacon.com              *
* chet_bacon@whps.org     |<work>  http://www.whps.org            *
* Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco*
* Adopt a Doberman     Help end puppy mills!      www.dru.org     *