RE: [CH] [Re] Daves Private reserve

Mary & Riley (uGuys@ChileGarden.com)
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 19:07:33 -0700

Ron,

Until I ran out I was using a product called "Concern Insect Killing Soap".
It's a potassium soap.  Nothing else in it.  Worked great on white flies.

Sold by Necessary Organics, Inc, New Castle Virginia.  Don't recall where it
came from locally (LA).

Think the mistake I made, other than believing the label, was to use
_detergent_ as opposed to soap.

Like I said, it devastated my chiles and tomatoes, but they seem to be
coming back strong.  I sprayed them with compost tea 2 days ago and it
seemed to really boost new leaf growth.  Still, it really set them back.  Ce
la vie!  At least I learned someting!  :-|

The aji amarillos, rocotos, mushroom and a manzana (which I thought was c.
pubescens, but doesn't look like it) seemed particularly more resistant to
harm.  A lot the others lost all their leaves, specially jalapeņos and
cayennes, although the ones from last year held up better.  But they all
show new leaf growth.  The only hab I have did fairly well.

Riley