Re: [CH] whiteflies

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 07:24:18 -0400

What I used, although some thought it was only an indicator, was white fly
traps.  You can make you own if you can not find thses, by taking yellow plastic
and smearing "tangle foot" on the yellow.  Hang it away from your plants by a
couple feet, I made mind about 12" square and bent up a piece of brass rod so it
had a hook at the end.  In one day the thing was covered, so I made more and ran
them through out the rest of the summer into the fall.
They make a stystemic <sp> white fly powder that you sprinkle on the affected
areas.  The stuff stops at the stem of the pepper, or so research said.
Hope it helps, the yellow flags work to trap them, they sure got slowed down!
Chet

Shantihhh@aol.com wrote:

> << Lets hope it works on the whiteflies.
>
> Ron. >>
>
> Ron et all, No noticeable reduction in the population of whiteflies w/savers
> sprayed on tops and under side sides of leaves.  UGH!
>
> HELP!  Now what?
>
> Mary-Anne

* Chet Bacon   KA1ILH     |           Okay, who put a             *
* PO Box 284              |         "stop payment" on my          *
* Southington, CT 06489   |             reality check?            *
* E-Mail:                 | Homepage:                             *
* chet@chetbacon.com      | http://www.chetbacon.com              *
* chet_bacon@whps.org     |<work>  http://www.whps.org            *
* Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco*
* Adopt a Doberman     Help end puppy mills!      www.dru.org     *