Re: [CH] Re: Theme song...

Bob Batson (rcb@kc.rr.com)
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 11:38:16 -0500

At 11:28 AM -0700 7/28/00, Ed Johnson <ejohnso1@maine.rr.com> wrote:

>I kinda like "our" version of "Ring of Fire".
>
>Does anybody remember the hole -Uh er, whole thing? It is to the
>tune of the Johnny Cash song of the same name. Starts out:

                               Ring Of Fire
                               ~~~~~~~~~

          Sung to the tune of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire"

                            Dinner last night
                            Was quite a treat
                  Tried to see how much hot stuff
                           That we could eat

                        Next morning though
                        My innards grumbled
                       So off to the bathroom
                          I quickly fumbled

              I sat down on a burnin' ring of fire
                       I tried to flush it down
                  But the flames they got higher
                     And it burns, burns, burns
                          That ring of fire
                          That ring of fire

                Now you would have thought
                     By now I'd have learned
                        That a firey mouth
                        Ain't all that burns

                      My thighs are marked
                           By a painful grip
                          A whimpering cry
                         Sighs 'cross my lip

              I sat down on a burnin' ring of fire
                      I tried to flush it down
                 But the flames they got higher
                   And it burns, burns, burns
                           That ring of fire
                           That ring of fire

                        I always tell myself
                        Lord! Never Again!
                       But I know it's not if
                       But more likely when

                         Those chiles entice
                             I can't say no
                   Whip out my Chile-head card
                        Psssst! Here we go!

               I'll sit down on a burnin' ring of fire
                       I will try to flush it down
                   But the flames they'll get higher
                       And it'll burn, burn, burn
                             That ring of fire
                             That ring of fire!

--

Bob Batson                            L 39 12 14 N 94 33 16 W
rcb@kc.rr.com                         Kansas City