RE: [CH] REQUEST: The perfect ribs, both beef and pork

Mark Ellis (mellis@gribbles.com.au)
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 08:18:11 +1000

Hmmm some pretty tasty sounding recipes. Luke I reckon this one would be a
dandy for beef ribs.  Now tell me why on earth would you need more sugar
after the coke.

Mark Ellis

-----Original Message-----
From: Lukasz Electronics [mailto:lukasz@midcoast.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, 3 August 2000 22:09
To: Mark Ellis
Cc: Chile-Heads-Digest
Subject: Re: [CH] REQUEST: The perfect ribs, both beef and pork

One should leave this thread to the Merkins,
But I'll throw my two bobs worth in.. <Oz slang>

Here is a variation of the Coca Cola Ribs recipe
Reduce 4 litres of Coke to 2 litres over a low fire.
Remove from fire.
Add 1 teaspoon Annatto (block) dissolved in 1/2 cup Orange juice for 1
hour.
Marinate Ribs in this mixture for 12-24 hours.
Drain and Use a dry rub made from 1part salt, 1 part ground black
pepper,
1 part Chile powder, 1/2 art caster sugar(fine)
Grill slowly for 2 hours @ 120 degrees centigrade, then smoke slowly @
150 degrees centigrade 1/2 hour..
Enjoy
Luke in Oz