Fwd: [CH] Hail I am lucky

GarryMass@aol.com
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 12:46:13 EDT

--part1_6c.1cc6856.26bc4d55_boundary

From: GarryMass@aol.com
Full-name: GarryMass
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 09:33:57 EDT
Subject: Re: [CH] Hail  I am lucky
To: byron.bromley@gsd-co.com

In a message dated 08/03/00 3:53:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
byron.bromley@gsd-co.com writes:

<< Just had a T-storm move thru, less than 1/4 mile away (+ 100 ft elevation)
2
 to 3 in hail stones. >>

Here's an observation from the steaming jungles of Western Massachusetts:
Lord Byron, despite all the rain and cold in the "Live free or die (in a
sweater)" state, will manage to get a chile crop from his granite pile that
will be the envy of many who have had far superior growing weather (and
soil).  The list of those folks includes me.  The truth about his seemingly
"nuisance" insistence on correcting soil pH and the sparse use of nitrogen
(except for those with horridly nitrogen depleted soils) is that "abondanza"
awaits those who take his advice.
Hats off to Dan McWilliams who supplied me with some Biker Billy seeds.  The
four plants I got from those seeds have totally outperformed the Biker Billy
plants I bought from Burpee (a strain within a strain, perhaps?).  For those
who want to grow their own Chipotles (after smoking), these pods are prolific
and quite large.  I had been skeptical about Billy Hype, but these are
JALAPENOS!
With Deb, Chet, Chuck, Douggie, Luke and all in such fine contributing shape
the last few weeks (not to mention Risa's recipes), can a great harvest be
far behind?
Gareth the ChileKnight

--part1_6c.1cc6856.26bc4d55_boundary--