Re: [CH] El Yucateco Chipotle Salsa/Scouting Report Request

peg wolfe (sundevilpeg@hotmail.com)
Sun, 06 Aug 2000 17:17:55 CDT

Carp -

Same deal up here with the tomatoes.  My mammoth Green Zebra plant just
commenced setting fruit this very weekend, and it's been out since the first
week in May.  Talk about a watched pot never boiling - maybe I should avert
my eyes when I water it, which is often, even with the coolish, damp summer
we've had here - it's over seven feet high now.  Yow. Time to top it off,
wouldn't you say?

BTW, have found over the past couple of years that both habs and Caribbean
Reds are beautifully suited to container growing; this year's brainstorm was
to put the serranos in window boxes, which has been a rousing success.
Since they are bearing so heavily, I intend to let a substantial number
ripen on the plants for the decorative value; if our Winter here in NE
Illinois is as mild as was the last, voila, instant Xmas decor!  ;o)

Happy growing to one and all,

Peg W., the Wrigleyville Chile Maven