Re: [CH] Fwd: Hardening Off

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Wed, 09 Aug 2000 20:23:37 -0400

Too much sun too soon, I usually take my plants out in a shaded area for a few days before hitting them with full light.. they should be fine.. new leaves should sprout..
I'dd let them stay in the shade for a couple of days..
then expose them to sun light for a few hours at a time.
Think of a fair headed red head hittting the beach and staying out in the sun for a day.. ouch!

hope this helps.. anyone else?

Chet

Pusgut4@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated Wed, 9 Aug 2000  6:10:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Chet Bacon <chet@chetbacon.com> writes:
>
> << top or bottom leaves, how wet, and temps would help..
> Chet
>
> Top leaves, soil was moist to the touch. It was in the low 90s F. Stalks and stems seem to be fine but the leaves have dried up. They were in full sun for about 4hrs.
>
> Ron.
> Burn On.

* Chet Bacon   KA1ILH     |           Okay, who put a             *
* PO Box 284              |         "stop payment" on my          *
* Southington, CT 06489   |             reality check?            *
* E-Mail:                 | Homepage:                             *
* chet@chetbacon.com      | http://www.chetbacon.com              *
* chet_bacon@whps.org     |<work>  http://www.whps.org            *
* Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco*
* Adopt a Doberman     Help end puppy mills!      www.dru.org     *