RE: [CH] Long winded newbie

Mary & Riley (uGuys@ChileGarden.com)
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 14:06:40 -0700

Hi John--I'm fairly new to the list too, but welcome aboard!  At 49 I'm not
one of the real fire-breathers myself.  But judging from some of these old
timers, heavy use of capsaicin not only kills pain cells, it travels up the
nerves to the brain, too.  Seems to me might 'splain some o' the knuckle
draggin around here.  I could be wrong.

>Just a couple of things, first did any of you catch Extreme Cuisine a few
>weeks ago when they had a place called "chili My Soul" featured.  It is in
>Encino, CA about 75 mi. from where I live here in Lancaster (The Desert,
and
>I was wondering if anyone had been there and did they like it?  Here's the
.link to their site: (no affiliation) http://www.chilimysoul.com/ .

Have to try it out.  Page looks good.  We're in LA so sound's like a good
place to check out.  Lancaster's ok.  Kinda windy at times, but I like the
desert.

> Soft-Centered Scotch-Bonnet Chocolate Cake
>
> YIELD: 10 TO 12 SERVINGS
>
> Ingredients:
> 9 ounces unsalted butter, melted

Anyway to make this lowfat?  Huh?