RE: [CH] freezing peppers

Dale Freeman (dale.freeman@sorell.tas.gov.au)
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 16:59:41 +1000

I take seed from a few pods when I use them fresh and freeze the rest.  I've
found that fresh seed germinates at just about 100% so I don't need to keep
much.  I'm not sure what the result of using frozen seed would be, but I
would guess that the ice crystals that develop during freezing/thawing

I freeze fresh pods in bags and just pull out to use as desired and have
found this to be like having fresh chiles all year round.

Cheers from cooler climes

Dale

-----Original Message-----
From: Emile & Dewi [mailto:e.steenbrink@worldonline.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, 22 August 2000 05:28
To: Chile Heads
Subject: [CH] freezing peppers

Hi Pods,

I have a question. After I freeze my peppers, are the seeds still good? I 'm
afraid to harvest them, since I can't eat them all at once and I don't want
to run the risk of the pods and seeds rotting before I can enjoy them or
freezing them and the seeds going bad. Thanks for the advice!

Miss Dewi
ALL FOR CHILES AND CHILES FOR ALL