[CH] Re: chiles at the University of Sydney

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:03:36 GMT

>From: Inagaddadavida <raelsixty4@earthlink.net>

>as for regular (already-) Nekkid Twister [TM!], methinks that our friends
>from the southern hemi do indeed spin the spinner in a counterclockwise
>direction, but mainly because of the fact that prevailing winds tend to
>form mini-whirlwinds at ungiven notice which spin in a counterclockwise
>direction, and consequently, one does, or can, indeed benifit from these
>wind phenomena...

Well, that answers my climate question.  So if an aussie chile-head spins a
Twister dial, it creates weather patterns that become Taiwanese typhoons ...
I understand now.

But if the inversion phenomenon you cited carries through to all cases, a
Peter Pepper in the southern hemisphere changes from what's in front to
what's out back, and if you present one saying "There's some fair dinkum
tucker, mate" it could lead to unfortunate misunderstandings.  Maybe that's
why AU tourist visas only last one year.

- A