[CH] Re: [Armadillo Balls / What's chorizo??????

Leslie Mandic' (rnonrun@bellsouth.net)
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 20:53:53 -0400

Chorizo Andy, is a very tasty, slightly spicy Red mexican sausage.

I have btw, in my preferred form of it, FINALLY found at Meijers here in Ky,
"Nuevo Leon" Beef Chorizo which is almost as good as la (el?) Carmalita from
the west coast.
Maybe I like these versions best as a true Tabasco Head LOL, it has indeed
vinegar.
Store bought it comes in large foot long links-- homemade in Calif. in comes
in much shorter fatter 3 inch links.

Other styles I have seen in this area are a courser ground Chorizo much
leaner. This as everything is a personal preference.

With the greasy stuff I like to A Mix a few inches cooked with 3 eggs and
scramble. when the desired consistency (hate running eggs.) I wrap 1/2 the
mixture in a warm 10in flour tortilla. Makes 2.

The other is to make homemade tostada's mixing all that grease in Doctored
refried beans. (my fav Rosarita large batch found here at from Big Lots).

posted to this list a while back were several interesting recipes, including
one with Tequila that I would just like to try for the heck of it.