Re: [CH] Super Chili Plant Attack

byron bromley (byron.bromley@gsd-co.com)
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 20:59:15 -0400

The key to find these creeps is that you get right down like you were going
to chomp on your chiles.

Eyeball the bottom of the leaves and the stems.
Stems esp they show up as profile best.

You might also try looking for them at night with a flashlight,  Many will
crawl up on top of the leaf to eat.

Another key is to look on the ground for frass, aka hornworm poop aka green
sh-t.

Just because you find one or 2 don't mean that you are home free, Each
female lays about 100 eggs,

Just 2 of these can kill a jal plant overnight.

A simple method is to take an empty jar, with a cover,
Pick em, toss in jar, close cover. Let them solar cook next day or 2. About
5 days they become blobs of slim on the bottom.

NEVER I mean NEVER sniff the contents of that jar.
Twill gag thou.into barfsville

For the squeemish Sandie's, Just wear a pair of dishwashing gloves.  Bare
skin feel is close.

Lord Byron