[CH] Re: Slug Fritters

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Tue, 05 Sep 2000 17:25:25 -0400

Slugs slugs.. someone wanted a slug recipe a while ago.. yes it has recipes for
slugs
(no afil and certainly no slug fritters for this CH)
ChesterChile

Slug Fritters

                    Ingredients
                    10 freshly slaughtered slugs cleaned of all outer mucous
                    1/2 cup of cornmeal
                    1/2 cup of high protein flour
                    3 eggs
                    2 egg yolks
                    1/4 cup of heavy cream
                    4 tbs. Of butter
                    4tsp.of sour cream

                    Instructions

                    First chop the slugs into fine mince, then beat the eggs and
egg yolks  with  the heavy cream together.  Sift the dry
                    ingredients and then cut 2 tbs of butter into that mixture.
Add the egg and cream mixture to the dry ingredients and whip
                    with a whisk vigorously for one to two minutes.  Melt one
tbs of butter in a sauté pan and pure the batter into 2 1/2 inch
                    cakes in two batches.  Serve warm with a dollop of sour
cream.
                    Yields 4 servings.

                     From: Voodoo5536@aol.com