[CH] Re: Open Fields question

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 17:19:28 GMT

>From: "Parkhurst, Scott Contractor" <PARKHURS@leavenworth.army.mil>

>    What are some things you would recommend for taking to
>the fields?  I won't be camping out there, but need some help
>on what would be useful.  My short list includes:
>
>food (sandwiches, maybe something for a portable grill if allowed)
>water (for drinking and washing up)
>snippers or other tool to remove chiles
>bag/bucket to hold chiles
>cooler
>Rolling Rock

Sounds like you have the basics.  Lots and lots and lots of water.  Bring
towels, maybe Wet Wipes-type towlettes, you'll be needing to clean your
hands and face, and maybe some of the stuff you pick.  You might want insect
repellent and sunscreen - think of it like camping or a picnic.  You might
want a chair ot two.  There will be a million 5-gallon plastic buckets, but
have your own bags.

Much depends on the weather, it might be nice or it might be a rainout.

Jim, can we negotiate with the owners so we can glean some of the other
produce there like apples, corn and melons?  Offer some payment?

- A