RE: [CH] Goddess update

Dale Freeman (dale.freeman@sorell.tas.gov.au)
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:08:50 +1000

Riley

My rocoto from last is still fruiting from last season.  I have fruit just
starting to colour now - pretty good when you consider I'm two weeks into
spring -  Hooray for the southern hemisphere.

Cheers

Dale in the southern bit of OZ

PS - seedlings coming up everywhere

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary & Riley [mailto:uGuys@ChileGarden.com]
Sent: Sunday, 10 September 2000 06:01
To: ChileHeads
Subject: [CH] Goddess update

Forget who was asking, but I've a Goddess that, by a nominal stretch of
imagination, looks like its s'pose to.  A few outta many have the appearance
of a nicely formed posterior.  This is second batch of fruit on the
plant--our crop was delayed due to an unintended defoliation with
(non)insecticidal (non)soap but has recovered almost completely.  Really
amazing to me how hardy these plants are.  About 75% of them completely lost
their leaves.  Not one plant lost, but set back a month or so.  The only
ripe ones so far are a couple Anaheims (they're green, anyway!) and one red
cayenne long that I'm munching right now.  Good flavor, nice heat!  But most
all will be ripening in the next week or so.  'Cept the rocotos--lot's of
flowers but no fruit yet.

Riley