R: [CH] Lynn Edward's pepper museum

Michele Mastandrea (diavolillo@katamail.com)
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 17:36:02 +0200

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: vic conner <indyvic@hotmail.com>
A: diavolillo@katamail.com <diavolillo@katamail.com>
Data: sabato 16 settembre 2000 5.13
Oggetto: Re: [CH] Lynn Edward's pepper museum

>If so can you tell me if you are fimiliar with a chili called Marconi ?
>And if so what are some of the local ways they would prepare them, I have
>quite a few, and have been roasting them, which has worked out well.
>                               Thanks, vic

Hi Vic,
that kind of "peperone", like Marconi, might be suitable for stuffing and
then baking.

Cut in half the pods and remove seeds and placenta ( and pedicel).
You can try to fill up them with, for example, boiled rice, crushed meat
(or the meat coming from a fresh sausage),  tomato sauce and olive oil, then
put you the stuffed pods in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for almost 20
min.
To make easier the baking , please, wash down ,before,  with water and oil,
but remember salt and pepper!

If you want something else, stuff the "peperoni", with fried pieces of
eggplants or of "zucchini", capers, anchovy, black olives, oregano, parsley,
a little of tomato sauce or baked tomatoes, and then add on the surface some
grated bread.
Cook in the oven too.

Michele Mastandrea