Re: [CH] Peppers and Fish and Birds and worms

Calvin Donaghey (gdonaghey@bitstreet.com)
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 18:33:42 -0500

Tara-
I don't know about earthworms, but tomato hornworms seem to feel the burn.
Last year I was preparing to pull a fat hornworm off one of my tepin plants
when I noticed he was starting to nibble into a tepin and had eaten through
the outer part and was close to the internal membrane.  I pulled up a lawn
chair to watch.  In a couple of minutes it gnoshed right into the hot stuff,
reared itself back, and thrashed wildly back and forth, spewing green juice
out of its mouth.  I got a good laugh then stomped 'im.
Calvin