Re: [CH] Extending the growing season

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Thu, 05 Oct 2000 20:37:56 -0500

At 11:12 AM 10/5/00 -0800, http://www.wildpepper.com wrote:
>Jim's pepper fields are not expected to survive the weekend :-(  A low
>of almost 23 F is predicted for Sunday night, preceeded by two nights in
>the upper 20's.  With the late start to the season, it will be a pretty
>rough winter for me since I've only gotten one picking done.  Oh well,
>if it were easy everybody'd do it... :-)  Just gonna have to scrounge
>around on the open market & see what I can find.

We're uprooting all of the habs, caribbeans and savinas on Saturday before
the cold wave and putting them in the shed.  They have  *tons* of green
fruit on them that I refuse to let freeze.

Jim, you gotta get your own teenagers...

The new land we're buying isn't going to have much garden space due to
having to meet county zoning lot-line-setback requirement.  I *hate* the
thought of gnawing into those big pine trees to get a garden.   6 acres and
only about 1/2 acre cleared.  that was more than enough space until the
government started trying to "help" me.

Maybe we'll both be scrounging the open market.

dwc