Re: [CH] =?iso-8859-1?Q?jalape=F1o?= poppers at Booger King

Ray Pfaff (raypfaff@erols.com)
Mon, 09 Oct 2000 08:05:58 -0400

JIUGI@aol.com wrote:

> Okay, I'm a lurker, but just wanted to report on jalapeņo poppers at Booger
> King... the breading is so thick and insipid, it's hard to taste the cheese
> and chopped pepper in them, however... if one were to isolate the breading,
> it may have a slight ring of something that may have been spicy at some time
> in it's life. What a shame to dumb down such a beautiful thing.
>
> sincerely,
> Laurie

Maybe I've just had a couple of good batches, but I like them.  Okay, they're
not poppers, but they do have a bit of heat in them.  Unlike the Arby's
"Jalapeno Bites" that I tried yesterday.  Folks there is some madman out there
that has actually breed a jalapeno that has as much heat as a green pepper.  The
only difference is that they didn't have that "grassy" green pepper taste.