Re: [CH] Pickling peppers - msg not posted to CH

Dennis Hall (pepperlandfarms@earthlink.net)
Mon, 09 Oct 2000 17:14:55 -0500

Hello all! This is my first posting to the list. I didn't view the recipe, but I
own a company and one of our main items is hot pickled peppers. Most veggies are
low acid, but if you jar the peppers in distilled vinegar, this will eliminate
the risk of any food poisoning, as most toxins will not survive or mutate in a
high acid environment. Also, no water bath is needed. Just jar with boiling
vinegar and seal. Dennis Hall-Owner-Pepperland Farms