Re: [CH] CNN - Peeling Peppers

Inagaddadavida (raelsixty4@earthlink.net)
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 22:31:04 -0600

At 09:00 PM 10/10/00 EDT, GarryMass@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 10/10/00 2:50:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>uGuys@ChileGarden.com writes:
>
><< Last research
> I heard about was in a bar where it was decided Rolling Rock beer was the
> best!  Yuck,  I tried it.  Didn't notice anything in particular 'cept I
> ended up with some beer I didn't like. >>
>
>came up with two high hop beers as the best burn killers of all the beers on
>his table.  One was Brooklyn Brewery Pale Ale, the other was Rolling Rock.
>At Mahar's Pub in Albany, NY, a place known for it's 22-25 different
>microbrew draught selections (constantly changing) they had Brooklyn Pale on
>tap and RR in the bottle.  When compared to whatever the customer may have
>had in front of him/her, the same two beers killed the burn (on tabasco
laced
>meatballs) better than all the random selections.  Most of those folks don't
>care for RR either.

okay, okay...let's get real 'bout this, let's get serious, let's open the
window for some fo' real Enlightenment, my chilehead friends...

back in my daze where booze, chiles, billiards, and wimmenz wuz the life
(meaning, i did nothing else, least not that i can recollect....), i had
occassion to often drink beers and eat chiles more or less
simultaneously...granted, microbrewed brew wasn't as big as 'tis now, but i
drank at least one of everything i could spy...point be: beer is not the
best liquid to kill the delightful burn of Chile...

"pray tell, Rael, what does aid in controlleth of Da Burneth?"

MeZcal, baby, MeZcal...double shot, worm included...straight down the pipes
(fountaining is allowed between partners, but waste not a drop), a bit of
lime be just fine, mandatory munch-down on Senor Jesus (the worm...long
story), pick a bit of grit from your teeth, and then, and only then, one
can commence munching chiles with full promise that the burn will be
negligible, the buzz will be delightful, and Jimi, El Grande, and possibly
Elvis will soon come into your view, sit with you, and music and light and
love and Twister and The All will erupt, and if you are fortunate, a bit of
shakey puddin' may come your way as well, and if you are *really* fortunate
(you may need another double), Jimi will crank up the loooong version of
Voodoo Chile...

and god will play bass...

(beers were always good, but tequila, and more importantly, meZcal, always
brought forth the essence of The Chile...

or something like that...)

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael"...back to the books, back to the dungeon, back to dreams of Zena with
the jet black hair...
and long black whip..."64