Re: [RE: [CH] CNN - Peeling Peppers]

Brent Leatherman (BrentLeatherman@netscape.net)
11 Oct 00 11:28:03 PDT

Riley -
   IPA is short for Indian Pale Ale. This beer was brewed for shipment to
India from the UK prior to refrigeration. To keep the beer from spoiling, the
alcohol content was increased as was a the hop level (hops are a natural
preservative). What you end up with is a stronger, hoppier Pale Ale, often
with an oak finish due to the long time the ale was originally kept in oak
shipping kegs (now simulated by using oak chips in the brewing process).
    Brent, the part time homer brewer

"Mary & Riley" <uGuys@ChileGarden.com> wrote:

> GarryMass@aol.com
> Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 6:01 PM
> To: Chile-Heads@globalgarden.com
> Subject: Re: [CH] CNN - Peeling Peppers
>

> In a message dated 10/10/00 2:50:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> uGuys@ChileGarden.com writes:
>
> << Last research
>  I heard about was in a bar where it was decided Rolling Rock beer was the
>  best!  Yuck,  I tried it.  Didn't notice anything in particular 'cept I
>  ended up with some beer I didn't like. >>
>
> Riley,
> I resemble that remark.  If you don't care for Rolling Rock
> that's OK, but
> let's keep the facts somewhat close to reality.  David

Sir Gareth,

The relationship most facts have with reality is anything but close, imho.
Especially on the 'Net.

Perhaps my salient humor overshadowed the statement that casein was the
substance in milk products which relieved the burn.   Most of the discussion
I recall attributes it to the fat content.  In which case non-fat yogurt or
milk wouldn't work.  But non-fat bread works.  Does buttered bread work
better?

> My opinion is that any IPA will do as well.  No one said that
> beer is better

'IPA'?  Isopropyl alcohol?  Yankee for Inglish Pale Ale?  I Preach
Abstinence?

> (eating chipotle chicken with chourico and sipping an Otter Creek Copper
Ale)

Now yer talkin!

Riley