Re: [CH] (Off subject?): Chowhound

Dave Drum (xrated@famvid.com)
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 07:18:16 -0500

Art Pierce wrote:

> A site for gourmands:
> http://www.chowhound.com/
>
> [Attention =Mark! From the looks of it, based in NYC.]

Bookmarked the site. I think it's nice that they have boards up for
different regions. And it looks like some incipient chile-heads frequent
the midwest list. There was a discussion of General Tso's Chicken and
several were complaining that they couldn't get enough heat level in
their local restaurants.

I have no problem here in the Great American Outback. When I asked the
lady who runs Tai Pan (just down the street from my office) on one of my
frequent lunch visits what sort of peppers were in the Kung Pao Chicken
she said "Hot peppa!" So, I asked again "What sort of hot pepper?" and
she replied "Ver' hot peppa!!!" They do put a substantial amount of what
looks like blackened cayenne pods (but could be Thai hots or something
else) in each dish. I tend to amaze the folks there by picking out
individual peppers, popping them into my mouth and eating them. They
also make a killer Hot & Sour soup.

ENJOY!!!
--------
UNCLE DIRTY DAVE'S KITCHEN --
Home of Yaaaaa Hooooo Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE and Hardin Cider