Re: [CH] need to find hot spots

Mary Going (mary@firegirl.com)
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 12:20:11 -0400

I've wanted to do this at FireGirl for a long time, actually, but haven't
had the time to devote to it. I have a server with mSQL and PHP. If someone
would like to create a small database and interface, I'd be happy to donate
the server space.

Using this method, we wouldn't have to use a map, although we could do that
too. Not a big deal. We could enter any country, any city, etc.

Any Unix people out there?

- mary

At 11:40 AM 10/27/00 +0000, Alex Silbajoris wrote:

>Pods,
>
>One of the most common types of messages on the list is the request for
>hot restaurants, stores, etc., in a particular location.  What if we set
>up a page with a clickable image map of the US, which we could use to
>click on a city and get a list of hot spots?  It would take a lot of work
>to start, but once it was set up, the actual submissions could be inserted
>fairly easily.
>
>FireGirl, you're probably the most web-savvy one here, what do you think?
>If I can go find some HTML to swipe with the 50 states and their X-Y
>coordinates, do you think we could populate it with our own information?
>
>- A

FireGirl - http://firegirl.com
Over 800 hot sauces and other spicy products!
Dave's Insanity $5.95 Every Day
Endorphin Rush $3.75 Every Day
800-296-9646* 207-865-3638 * Fax: 207-865-9125