Re: [CH] Fwd: Ananova - Mum loses seven stone on diet of chillis

Dave Drum (xrated@famvid.com)
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 06:15:55 -0600

tucker wrote:

> Andrew Healy wrote:
>
> > >The title says it all...
> > >
> > >  http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_115496.html
> > >  <<Ananova - Mum loses seven stone on diet of chillis.url>>
>
>   Ok, am I just too much of a sheltered American here, or what? I
> understand she halved her dress size (I hope she wasn't a size 4), but
> what the he&* does losing "seven stone" mean???? Is this some kind of
> bizarre foreign system of weight measurement? If so, what happened to
> the metric system??? What's going on??? I'm so confused...

I'm a colonial, too. But, I think that a stone is 20 pounds
(avoirdupois). Or, about 9.1 kilograms. I think it was used as a way of
measuring horse weight. (Hands high and stones in weight) so mom must
have been a large woman.

ENJOY!!!
--------
UNCLE DIRTY DAVE'S KITCHEN --
Home of Yaaaaa Hooooo Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE and Hardin Cider