Re: [CH] Hot Chocolate Chip Cookies

Andy (quark@erols.com)
Sun, 03 Dec 2000 12:53:58 -0500

Jeff,

The creator was my son Doug.  He is not "on-line".
Termed "Evil Cookies", they may be viewed on my website page at:

       http://www.abarnhart.com/chile/Warren00/index.htm

They were designed to be extreme, even for the chileheads at the hotluck.

They were definitely not intended for "ordinary" people.
A non-CH, not having an appreciation of extreme heat,
may not "believe" or understand the sign.

This happened at my workplace.   My co-workers know that I am a CH.
(They've asked about this brown powder I sprinkle on my chicken salad
and the drops I carefully put in my soup.) Before setting out the
Evil Cookies, I sent out cautionary email, put out a sign with
"Evil Cookies", "Danger - Beware", "Chilehead level extreme heat",
with skull and crossbones (normally reserved for poison), and set
out another sign: "For Emergency: Milk is in frig".
 -- fairly safe and responsible, Yes? --> NOT!

One poor fellow, didn't read the email, saw the sign - but had no
concept that anything could be that hot, especially so innocent looking
as a chocolate chip cookie, and, unfortunately, was also lactose
intolerant (couldn't drink milk.)  - he was in PAIN for 15-20 min.

Fortunately, he didn't complain to his (and my) boss.

So I'm a little reluctant to publicly give out the recipe.

Andy