re: [CH] Thanks, help w/ cookies, etc...

Nelson, Jim (jnelson@DBSR.com)
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 16:38:39 -0800

Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 18:06:20 -0600
From: tucker <tucker@ticon.net>
Subject: [CH] Thanks, help w/ cookies, etc...

	>  Has anyone ever done any successful experimentation in creating a
good (rich) cookie or brownie recipe with maybe only >a slightly detectable
amount of heat? I have need of such for an event coming up toward the end of
the month.

Erich,
I am pretty sure the recipe below came from someone on the list earlier this
year but I have lost source. Point being I do not claim its an original
recipe but can report that it works well.  I can also report that no one
ever died and nearly everyone I have served these to loved 'em.  On the heat
issue, I substituted a pair of medium sized Red Savinas for the scotch
bonnets and infused for the 12 minutes on the last batch and that was what
my spouse refers to as "on the edge of what I'll let you serve someone we
like" and she is a very good sport.  Frankly, if you want at least moderate
heat I'd use Habs or double up on the scotch bonnets and let them infuse for
the full time allotted. I also had success using cupcake paper cups in lieu
of greasing the pan it reduce the necessary butter required.

> Soft-Centered Scotch-Bonnet Chocolate Cake
>
> YIELD: 8 TO 10 SERVINGS
>
> Ingredients:
> 9 ounces  regular salted butter, melted
> 4 scotch-bonnet peppers, seeded and chopped (or a pair of Habs of your
choice)
> 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
> 3 eggs
> 3 egg yolks
> 1/3 cup sugar
> 1 teaspoon vanilla
> 1/3 cup all-purpose flour

> Method:
> Infuse the butter with the peppers for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on
desired
> heat level. Strain peppers and pour butter into chocolate. In another
bowl,
> beat eggs, yolks and sugar until pale yellow; stir in vanilla. Pour
> chocolate mixture into egg mixture; fold in flour and salt.
> Pour batter into 10 to 12 buttered muffin tins. Bake at 375°F for 12
> minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before inverting.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This communication and any accompanying document(s) are confidential and privileged.  They are intended for the sole use of the addressee.  If you receive this transmission in error, you are advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance upon the communication is strictly prohibited.  Moreover, any such inadvertent disclosure shall not compromise or waive the attorney-client privilege as to this communication or otherwise.  If you have received this communication in error, please contact our IS Department at its Internet address (is@dbsr.com), or by telephone at (916)441-0131. Thank you.

ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ