Re: [CH] Re: Is this mainly a horticulture discussion list?

Tony Flynn (tony@nzol.net.nz)
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 19:47:27 +1300

<--------------------Snip------------------>
> So, to me at least, it's not a horticulture list but we are growers, it's
not
> a recipe list but we are chile cooks (some are chefs, even), and when the
> growing and cooking is done, we are chile eaters.
> Gareth the ChileKnight
> PS, if you're staying on the list you have to come to Open Fields in
Indiana
> to pick the last of Jim Campbell's crop in the fall.  He'll invite you to
> pick and take all you can carry for free.  Don't tell him, but after we
pick
> all we can take home, we're going to keep picking till he has most of the
end
> of his crop in.  He thinks that we should take his chiles for free,
without
> cost or obligation; he just really doesn't understand the concept of
> overpicking.  How's that for horticulture?  Now, post a recipe.

I try not to reply to the type of  letter that Gareth talks about.  I can
only agree 100% with his comments.
My garden is looking great in early summer. Lots of it due to help from the
generous people on this list
Plus I love to see a plugs for my mate St Jim Campbell

Tony Flynn
Grandad. Retired at the beach. Bay of Plenty. New Zealand

P.S
> Lord Byron,
> YOU are a lost variety.
> Gareth