[CH] Quiet List-OT

Cameron Begg (begg.4@osu.edu)
Fri, 05 Jan 2001 08:15:49 -0500

Hi C-H's,

Sandy O wrote:
>Is it my imagination or has this list become more and more quiet over the
>past few months?  I used to log on and there would be 40-60 messages, now if
>there are 10 it's a big day?  Am I not getting all the posts?  I love all my
>chile buddies and hate thinking I'm not in the loop or that people are
>finding better things to do these days!

It is quieter. I think we Digest subscribers are getting all the
messages but they are delayed by a few days until the digest gets up
to whatever Mike has set as the max. file size. For example, when we
visited Raven in NM last Monday (fun!) she told me about the parsley
thread, but I only received that stuff in the digest today. This
delay cuts down on the idle chatter and "Me too"s so it is probably a
good thing. Have you noticed how on topic (apart from the parsley!!)
and tidy it looks these days. Much easier to read.

>Also, a bit more on topic, is someone out there working hard to plan the 5th
>(almost) Annual Midwest Hotluck?  I heard rumors that Renee was hosting and
>then that John Knoll had been considering it too.  I want to get it on my
>calendar EARLY this year 'cause I missed all the fun in K.C. last summer.

Any chance of having it a bit further East? :-)

--
---
                      Regards,               Cameron.