RE: Ogg.: [CH] Re: Order query

Gillian A. Parsons. (gillp@oysters.freeserve.co.uk)
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 00:31:06 -0000

Hello Michele,

You have two ways to 'manouevre' round Customs when getting seeds into the E.U.

One) Have the seeds delivered to a friend in the USA and come to some arrangement with that friend regarding refunding the cost of posting the seed from them to you, or

Two) Get the seed company to send the seeds by ordinary mail/airmail with a green customs declaration form only  (if necessary).

Don't, whatever you do, have it sent by 24 hr, 48hr, tracking mail or UPS - these are easy targets for the Customs as they  all have to be checked through Customs Warehouses before being sent onward.  The Customs just do not have enough staff to check every regular airmail letter that arrives by the sackload .............

Once in a while you may be unlucky but 99.9% of the time, your seeds will get through.

Hope this helps, Gill
There is no attachment in this letter and I am not sending one separately without a heading.