Re: [CH] Noisy soup?

Myron Menaker (myronm@bellsouth.net)
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 17:25:36 -0500

Yo, Randy-san!!

In Japan, it's normal to make a loud slurping sound when eating noodles,
whether udon, soba, ramen, whatever!

And...it's OK to make a loud gulping noise when drinking your drink!

Just don't let them catch you with your shoes on in the house!!!

Kampai!!!

Myron

Rockin' Randy wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> You threw me off there with the subject line.  I don't remember
> the spelling but there is a Japanese noodle soup called Udon.
> It is considered good manners to make a slurping sound when
> sucking them up.
>
> Can anyone validate this???

互户互户互户互猾せカせЙせカせЙせセ
Myron Menaker                      Daytona Beach FL USA
myronm@bellsouth.net     |
          "Keep the Whole World Singing!"   |     |
互户互户互户互猾せカせЙせカせЙせセ