Re: [CH] Noisy soup?

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:53:22 -0600

Doug Irvine wrote:

> Well, up here in Canada, we have a product called Beano (no affilliation)
> which if taken with the first mouthful of beans, or pea soup, or
> whatever might create Noisy Nether Utterances(or even silent ones!)will
> calm down the culprit and all will be well! Seems to work, and it should
> be available in the States as well, dunno about the rest of the world.
> Try it if you can find it, and enjoy the foods in question, without fear
> of gastric rumblings!  Cheers, Doug in BC

  Absolutely! Dave Barry wrote an article devoted to Beano years ago. I
thought it was sprinkled (or poured?) on the food though, not taken with your
first bite? I have no idea, as I agree with Rockin' Randy about not tampering
with mother nature. Besides, if I started using it, I'd be down to only one
hobby (the chiles), and I wouldn't get those wonderful looks of disgust from
the wife that I have grown so fond of.

Down with Beano!!! Given proper ventilation, of course.

--
Erich
C-H # 2099