Re: [CH] fruit fly ? ?#$$&*^ Post #2

Luke Speer (lukasz@midcoast.com.au)
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 20:56:34 +1100

Luke Speer wrote:

> My Mother is growing Manzano's and other Chiles at Kiama south of
> Sydney.
> She has troubles with Fruit fly on Manzanos's , Capsicums but not on
> other Chiles, You could try the Dak pot method or the old Vegemite
> solution in a plastic bottle, as for the aphids/

White oil, Make your own its simple, plenty of people can give you a
recipe, Make it strong and spray it often (daily) I have a lime tree
that suffers from them but strangely the lemon 10 foot away does not nor
do any of my CHile, and I had to use a Chemical cocktail in the end to
stop my infestation,, FWIW I won't be eating limes for a couple of years
till the residue has lost at least half of its half life..sic..<g>

Luke in Oz

There are many of us in this old world of ours who hold that things
break about even for all of us.  I have observed, for example, that we
all get about the same amount of ice.  The rich get it in the summer and
the poor get it in the winter.
~ ~ BAT MASTERSON

Luke in Oz