Re: Fw: [CH] Seed Starters

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@home.com)
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 20:09:39 -0800

Frank Francisco wrote:

> Best mix?  I'm using "Gardener's Delight" which contains polymer coated
> urea, mono calcium phosphate, di-calcium phosphate, polymer coated sulphate
> of potash, dolomite.  It has a content of 0.08% Nitrogen, 0.24% Phosphate,
> and 0.08% soluable potash.  The bag states it is ideal for seed starting and
> potting.  It contains horticultural grade sphagnum peat moss,  vermiculite,
> perlite, and the fertilzer is time released.  I was sold with the
> re-sealable zip top.

Frank.....when you were sold with a re-sealable zip top, did you have a
problem getting out? Or did you just scream and bang on the side of the
bag?? Moral to this story is that one should always have a pen knife in
one's pocket, in the event that one should need to get outta the bag!
(Sorry, could not resist the levity)Cheers, Doug in BC