Fw: Re: [CH] Mango chutney/ Slight return/ Recipe/ Diatribe

Frank Francisco (francisco_@prodigy.net)
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:27:49 -0500

I have a handful of germinated seeds which are stubborn - the seed caps
don't want to come off (all head and no leaf).
One in particular, a Datil, that has been about an inch long for two weeks
and is just stem and cap.  What is the fate of these?
Frank

 From: "Sandy Olson" <sandyo@willowtree.com

 Help appreciated.  I even tried to germinate the seeds that
came in the candy...great brown shiny buggers...but they
wouldn't sprout even after I peeled the hard outer covering
off.
 I tried many times to get these seeds to germinate.
Mostly if planted to any depth they will rot.

> My most successful was plain river sand out the river.  This is
 mostly granules about 1.5mm or larger in size.  Put seeds on