Re: [CH] Seychelles Hot sauce?

Uncle Dirty Dave (xrated@ameritech.net)
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:15:23 -0600

At 03:15 PM 2/21/01 -0800, Michael Bowers wrote:
>Can anyone help him?
>
>thanks
>

> >From: "senior1" <senior1@freemail.absa.co.za>
> >To: <mkbowers@ucdavis.edu>
> >Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 23:06:49 +0200
> >
> >Hi Mike,
> >Would you please help me .I am in South Africa and would like a recipe =
> >for something called( I would also like the correct spelling!)
> >of a chile sauce here called mazzavaroux.
> >It is a product from the Seychelles Islands is all I can tell you.
> >Thanks in anticipation,
> >Hyde

Mike, I hit every search engine known to me, several sites for the
Seychelles, and looked through my 65,000 recipe database with no joy. I
suspect that this may be one of those regional specialities that is known
as one thing there and something else down the road a few miles.

Perhaps if we had a description of the sauce beyond  "a chile sauce here
called mazzavaroux" we could get closer.

ENJOY!!!
--------
UNCLE DIRTY DAVE'S KITCHEN --
Home of Yaaaaa Hooooo Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE and Hardin Cider