[CH] Re: Hot Lips Cookie Crisps

Dave Anderson (Chilehead@tough-love.com)
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 21:31:01 -0800

I promised  the Hot Lips Cookie Crisps recipe if I got the Doug's
Evil Cookie Recipe and two people have been kind enough to send
it. Attached is the first correspondence I had with Susan Albert. If
you like mysteries and you like herbs, her books are a good read.

I love the idea of these cookies ending up in your chile cookie jar,
Dave, but I'll bet they won't be there for long!

I just took a look at your website and see that you sell samples of
habanero powder. I've had requests from readers who aren't able to
find it easily.

Hot Lips Cookie Crisps

1 cup soft shortening
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups finely chopped cashews
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
1/2 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp habanero powder

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream butter and sugar. Add the
vanilla
and eggs andmix well. Mix the dry ingredients together with the
nuts,
and stir into the creamed mixture. Form into a log about 2" in
diameter and chill. Slice and bake until golden. (Watch--these
cookies
burn easily!)

Susan Wittig Albert
author of Mistletoe Man